Vegetarian Caesar Salad Dressing
Updated: Feb 23, 2019
Growing up vegetarian, I've always known that Caesar salad was a no-no. Bacon bits, anchovy paste in the dressing, all around not a vegetarian-friendly dish. So when I stumbled upon a meat-free dressing recipe from Chatelaine.com that made my taste buds sing, I knew it was a keeper (after some adaptations)! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
What you need:
2 small garlic cloves
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp yogurt
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
1. Finely grate garlic cloves and put in a small bowl.
2. Add everything from lemon juice up to the yogurt, into the bowl. Mix together.
3. Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
4. Add Parmesan and season to taste.
5. Drizzle over salad and enjoy!